Essure is a surgery-free permanent birth control procedure that works with your body to create a natural barrier to prevent pregnancy. The Essure procedure offers benefits that no other birth control can. Essure is a 10 minute procedure that can be done in our office.
The benefits of Essure:
- Most effective: Essure is the most effective* permanent birth control available – even more effective than tying your tubes.
- Surgery-free: The Essure inserts are placed in the fallopian tubes through the natural pathways of the vagina and cervix, with no incisions and no surgery.
- Hormone-free: Unlike many temporary methods of birth control such as the Pill or some IUDs, the Essure inserts do not contain hormones so they will not cause hormonal side effects.
- Virtually recovery-free: Because there is no surgery required, Essure can be performed comfortably and quickly in your doctor's office. Most women are on their way home 45 minutes after the procedure and return to their normal activities in less than a day.
- Covered by insurance: The Essure procedure is covered by major health insurance providers.
- Trusted: More than 600,000 women have chosen Essure as their permanent birth control.
- Safe: The Essure inserts are made of the same material that has been proven to be safe in heart stents and hundreds of other medical devices.
- Designed to fit: The small, soft inserts are specially designed to slide easily into your fallopian tubes and remain securely in place.
- Confirmation: The Essure Confirmation Test verifies that the Essure inserts are properly in place and that your fallopian tubes are blocked to provide you with the confidence that you are protected from unplanned pregnancy.
Call us today to set up an appointment with our Doctors to see if Essure is right for you. (248) 855-2229